If I had eight weeks, I would totally do this … the Transom Story Workshop is a two month long radio storytelling workshop in Woods Hole, Mass. I met Rob Rosenthal, the lead teacher for this, at the NPPA’s Northern Short Course and would love to spend more time learning from him – he’s one of those guys who understands storytelling well enough to teach others to understand it, too. Not everyone can do that.
From the FAQ:
Why should I consider the Transom Story Workshop?
Seven reasons, just for starters:
1. Lots and lots of individual attention from Rob (the instructor), a teaching assistant, and the Transom staff.
2. A small class size of nine – no more.
3. You’ll develop some serious audio storytelling chops in just eight weeks.
4. Fascinating guests will visit during the session.
5. We have a direct connection to WCAI, the award-winning Cape and Islands public radio station where your work may be broadcast.
6. You’ll leave the Workshop with a portfolio of pieces.
7. Cape Cod.
Application deadline is June 1, the workshop runs from October 1 through November 30.