Then you need some skills, so you should take some classes and then learn some more stuff on your own.
What sort of stuff? Take a look at this ad for an interactive designer at MediaStorm:
The Interactive Designer will:
- Design websites and interactive applications
- Create graphics for world-class multimedia pieces
- Create marketing products for web, broadcast and print
- Conceptualize and document requirements for user interfaces
- Work with Multimedia Producers and Project Managers to establish production timelines
- Participate in client meetings and design to their needs
- Work with developers to implement designs and interfaces
The applicant should have:
- A passion for design and a strong visual style
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team
- Ability to self-manage and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work virtually and to travel as necessary
- A strong appreciation for photography and multimedia storytelling
At least two years of professional digital design experience, focus on interactive media a plus
- Ability to use typography, layout, color, images, motion and interactivity to create strong designs
- Knowledge and skill with digital design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, etc.
Are you ready for the new journalism world?