Dear Journalism Colleague,
We know this is true: good multimedia training is critical for journalists and journalism educators.
Freedom Forum New Media Training at the Diversity Institute will offer a Multimedia Boot Camp for Journalism Professionals and Educators Feb. 23-27, 2011.
The multimedia training is tailored for journalists but open to anyone with an interest in multimedia storytelling, regardless of the individual’s background.
The hands-on training is modeled after the Freedom Forum’s acclaimed multimedia curriculum and is equivalent to a 3-credit-hour college course. It is designed for those with limited or no multimedia experience. The schedule is intense.
See and hear what our participants say: http://bcove.me/lk4qadav
The training will occur at the Diversity Institute’s state-of-the-art school facilities in the Freedom Forum’s John Seigenthaler Center, 1207 18th Ave. South, Nashville, Tenn.
Registration is available immediately and on a first-come, first-served basis. Follow this link to register online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/REGISTER4bootcamp. Registrations for the Feb. 23-27 class will be accepted until Feb. 19. Class size is limited to 18 participants, and once capacity is reached, registrations will be cut off.
The cost is $850. Reasonable, reduced rates for nearby lodging are available. (see our website: http://freedomforumdiversity.org/workshops-and-conferences/ ) Tuition covers all supplies, use of multimedia equipment and software during training, some meals and step-by-step guides to producing audio, video and other multimedia projects. For an additional charge, successful participants can earn 3 college credits. The courses are accredited and awarded by the Media Studies Department of Belmont University.
Participants will learn how to:
• Produce multimedia on a budget, including cheap ways to record and edit audio.
• Use basic tools in Adobe Photoshop: toning, cropping and text.
• Produce an audio slideshow.
• Use Final Cut for video storytelling and editing.
• Use shotgun, stick and wireless microphones.
• Find and buy the right gear.
• Use smart phones and mobile devices to gather news.
Participants will take away:
• Audio, photo and video skills.
• One finished audio slideshow.
• Two finished video projects.
• Production skills in Audacity and Final Cut.
• Smart Phone journalism skills that will help gather and distribute news right from your iPhone, iPod, Android or BlackBerry.
• Step-by-step guides to producing audio, video and other multimedia projects.
Register by February 19 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/REGISTER4bootcamp.
We know that budgets and time are tight. And we know that this is an investment that pays dividends. Register today.
Questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615/426-7160.
The Freedom Forum Diversity Institute is known for quality training and innovative leadership in journalism. Check our website for future Multimedia Boot Camps and other training opportunities. Please forward this to your colleagues, and print and post the attached flyer.