I got a lot of email today …
- If you shop at KEH.com (which, you should – great company, great used prices and warranties on most of their stuff), get $40 off when you spend $400 with code GET40; $80 off when you spend $750 with code GET80 and $120 off when you spend $1,000 with code GET120. If you’re going crazy, get $10% orders of $2,000 with code FRIDAY. All of those expire at midnight on November 28.
- My go-to place for new gear is Adorama who has a page of deals for today. If you’ve got just a grand to play with, this EOS 60D-based kit with the 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 mm IS lens is not a bad choice. That’s a great camera and an okay lens. (Note the price includes a $200 rebate.)
If you buy from Adorama, when you get to the checkout page, there’s a pulldown menu for who helped you – choose J.Snyder, he’s a rockstar when it comes to supporting photojournalists. If you don’t know him, you will eventually in this business.
- Roberts has a page full of deals, too. Some of the bundles are pretty good, though many are of the “kit” lens variety.
- Lumiquest is doing 25% off for 25 hours (expires Friday night). No codes, prices applied at checkout.
- Enlight is doing up to 30% off with the code FRIBLACKDAY. (I love my Frio.)
- And if you’re looking for that perfect gift that will appreciate in value over time, Peter Turnley is doing a print sale through December 5. Wouldn’t a 12×16 inch version of ID #12 – Paris, 1976 look spectacular on the wall of someone who loves journalism? Or perhaps it’s ID #68 – Paris, 2012 for the romantic in your life.