From their site:
Who should apply?
We’re looking for students who are passionate about journalism and the role that technology can play in the industry and the pursuit of their craft. Students from all majors and degree programs who possess the following qualities are encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated or stated commitment to journalism – especially in the fields of data driven journalism or freedom of expression online
- An interest in exploring and creating business models to help the industry in the digital age
- Excellent academic record, professional/extracurricular/volunteer activities, subject matter expertise
- First-rate analytical, communications, research, and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to work smartly and resourcefully in a fast-paced environment
Fellows will receive a stipend of $7,500 USD for 10 weeks during the summer of 2013 (June-August) and a travel budget of $1,000 USD.
The Fellowship will start on June 3, 2013 with the first week at the Knight Foundation in Florida. Fellows will join their host organization on June 10, 2013 and finish with a week at Google in California on August 5, 2013.
(Thanks to Stanley Leary for the lead.)