Sharpen up … um … your … wit? Style? No one sharpens pencils anymore … regardless, the Poynter Institute down in Florida is now taking applications for their summer fellowship. It’s a two week training tour de force that I wish I was eligible for.
Highlights of what you’ll learn:
- What today’s newsrooms and employers will expect as you walk in the door
- The importance of fair and accurate reporting
- How to frame and focus your stories, using all forms of media
- Best practices for developing strong multimedia stories in a collaborative setting
- To make ethical decisions while working with multimedia
- To think visually, understanding numbers and data
Have had friends and students do this, all have come back raving. A little pricey, but worth every penny.